Cronan McNamara explains how Data Analytics in the Food Industry is a Team Sport at the Food & Drink Business Europe IT Summit in Birmingham.
Creme Global - 2014 Review and Year End Message
At Creme Global, our vision is a world where everyone makes better decisions, based on real data and expert models.
The world has entered the Data age. Predictive models have moved firmly from an area of scientific interest to a mainstream business and public-policy necessity, as important decisions need to be backed up by real data, predictive analysis and scientific evidence.
This year, we have helped decision makers to make sense of the massively growing volume of data being produced in order to make better decisions. We have made good progress towards our vision, based on the hard work, and expanding capabilities, of our team.
In 2014, we worked to expand and improve our range of predictive modelling software products: Creme Care & Cosmetics™, Creme Microbial™, Creme RIFM™, Creme Food Safety ™ and Creme Nutrition™ by adding new features and validated data sets. We have been very encouraged by the excellent interest and take up of these services.
We have completed important projects on public health issues, including predictive nutritional intake modelling scenarios, new pesticide aggregate exposure model development, food contact materials (plastics) and microbial stability and growth modelling software services across the Middle East, Asia, Europe and North and South America.
As part of our plan to improve how we communicate with our clients, partners and the general public, we launched our new website along with our “Aggregate Exposure in Your Daily Life” animation. These are important initiatives and channels which help us to reach out and explain how we can help.
We have continued to invest in research by participating in collaborative EU FP7 research projects. Our key projects in this area include: ODIN, BACCHUS and the Food4Me project on personalised nutrition which is finishing up in early 2015 - keep an eye out for some exciting scientific publications from this project.
Our own internal research and development, with support from Enterprise Ireland, has continued on our Expert Models™ platform technology. We attended a number of new conferences this year to investigate the opportunities for this new service.
We have presented at, and attended, a large number of international conferences and workshops including:
• NutraFormulate 2014 (Birmingham)
• Food Vision 2014 (Cannes)
• American Society for Nutrition (San Diego)
• International Association for Food Protection, IAFP (Budapest)
• BACCHUS EU FP7 Project Meetings - (Ghent)
• Institute of Food Technologists, IFT (New Orleans)
• ECO 2014 European Congress on Obesity (Sofia)
• 2014 International Association for Food Protection, IAFP (Indianapolis)
• EuroTox 2014 European Societies of Toxicology (Edinburgh)
• Nutrition & Health Foundation Meeting (Dublin)
• International Society for Exposure Sciences, ISES (Cincinnati)
• RIFM Annual Meeting (New Jersey)
• Dubai International Food Safety Conference (Dubai)
• III World Congress on Public Health Nutrition (Las Palmas, Spain)
• Society for Risk Analysis (Denver, Colorado)
• Predictive Analytics World (Boston)
• International Health Economics Association World Congress (Dublin)
• ILSI Europe Workshop 'Hazard vs. Risk Based Approaches in Food Safety Assessment' (Brussels)
• Plastics and Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs 2014 (Munich)
We will be attending a similar set of conferences in 2015, so if you are planning to attend, we look forward to meeting you there.
The Creme Global team has had five scientific papers published in peer reviewed journals during 2014, and has a further eight that are being prepared for review.
For the fifth consecutive year Creme Global has ranked among the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Ireland, retaining its ranking of 35 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards in 2014.
Our plan for 2015 is to build on the progress we made in 2014 to continue to develop and grow our team’s capabilities, modelling software products and expert modelling services.
Thanks to the hard work and professionalism of our team at Creme Global, and the continued partnerships with our clients, we are confident that we will continue to tackle even more important predictive intake modelling questions and enjoy further growth in our expert modelling services in the year ahead.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend our best wishes and thanks to our valued clients and partners for their continued engagement and support throughout the year.
CEO, Creme Global